Green School English @ Green Camp
Green School English @ Green Camp is an intensive 7 day English language and experiential learning adventure for students aged 8 – 14. Using a theme-based curriculum along with a hands-on ‘experiential’ learning approach, students can rapidly build their language skills and emerge more proficient and confident English communicators. Set in the heart of the jungle of Bali, Green School English @ Green Camp offers a learning environment which will engage young minds and bodies through a truly holistic learning approach.
3 Day Green School English @ Green Camp 08/01/21AVAILABLEUSD 160.00QUANTITY
Why Our Program
Green School English @ Green Camp is like no other English intensive course because it is…
- Holistic: Integrated learning around thematic topics that engage students in cognitive, physical, social/emotional, and intrapersonal development.
- Experiential: Abundant opportunities to learn by doing and apply English language learning to real-life scenarios.
- Nature immersion: Learning occurs on a lush tropical campus in bamboo classrooms with no windows or walls providing incidental and direct opportunities to connect with nature.
- Relevant: Learning components develop valuable practical skills including intercultural understanding, collaboration, presentation, and entrepreneurial.
- Language immersion: Teachers and staff use English as the primary language of instruction and an ‘English only’ environment is encouraged.
DAILY ITINERARY AT GREEN SCHOOL ENGLISH CAMP
7:00AM Wake Up
8:30AM Morning Gathering/Energiser Activity
9:00AM Functional English
10:30AM Morning Snacks
10:45AM Project Work
1:30PM Experiential Learning/Nature Based Activities
2:45PM Afternoon Refreshment
3:30PM Experiential Learning/Nature Based Activities
4:45PM Free Time/Refreshments
7:00PM Evening Activity or Independent Learning
9:30PM Lights Out
3 Frames Breakdown
Functional classes are based around a fundamental question for that theme and provides the students with the key grammar and lexical tools that will need to complete the projects and experiential activities associated with each theme. Classes focus on core and discrete intellectual competencies to reach proficiency, while taking a student centered approach to meet differentiated student needs.
Experiential classes provide an opportunity for students to apply what they have learnt through hands on ‘experiential’ tasks. As well as allowing students to apply the English they have learnt in a variety of exciting and challenging tasks, it also provides an opportunity for students to build on their teamwork and critical thinking skills.
Project work serves as the culmination of what student learn in their functional English classes and what they apply in their experiential classes. Each theme students work on a variety of different projects that aim to challenge their creative and planning skills, as well as showcasing the English they have learnt from that week.
What Students Will Leave With
- Improved fluency in English language skills.
- Engagement in the vibrant culture of Bali as well as with members of the international community around Green Camp.
- A once-in-a-lifetime English learning experience on the internationally acclaimed bamboo campus in the jungle of Bali.
- A new and transformative way of looking at learning, more equipped to engage in an international educational setting and confidence in your unique skills and interests.
- Plenty of experience as a team player with presentation and collaborative learning skills.
THE CAMP FEE IS INCLUSIVE OF:
- Accommodation at our Yurt Village and Lodge, can sleep up to 85 people
- Healthy meals & homemade snacks, free-flow spring water, coffee, tea
- Teachers and Facilitators
- 24-hour supervision by security and our facilitators
- Medical staff on-site and/or on-call