Youth Bamboo Design And Building Camp
Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo survives by bending with the wind’ – Bruce Lee
Spend five days in one of the most inspiring bamboo environments in the world learning from our expert facilitators how to build and design with one of the most sustainable, dynamic, and beautiful materials, bamboo. This Kids Camp brings youth from around the globe together for our fun-filled educational experience during which we will immerse ourselves in all things bamboo.
ACTIVITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Learning about sustainability and respect for nature
- Building bamboo rafts and floating down the river
- Exploring what bamboo offers us
- Designing and building bamboo structures
- Learning about Green School and Green Camp’s bamboo building design process and even cooking and eating bamboo.
Members of the Green School Bali community can contact us at [email protected] to receive a special discount rate.
** Please note that if we do not meet the minimum enrollment of 4 participants, we may need to cancel and reschedule to another date.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
12 – 17 y.o
TIME OF THE YEAR:
5 days 4 nights
- Accommodation in our beautiful and comfortable yurts. Kids will share the yurts with other campers from around the world
see photos here
- 24-hour supervision by security and facilitators
- Medical staff on-site and/or on-call
- Bamboo Interactive Activity – Bamboo Strength Game
- Bamboo Tower Building
- Introduction of Bamboo Anatomy – Bamboo observation
- Green Camp facilitator safety qualifications: First-Aid Level I & II Certified by International SOS
- Bamboo Raft Building
- Bamboo Techniques Orientation
- Bamboo Design Challenge
- Green Bamboo Palace Amazing Race
- Cooking with Bamboo
- Megibung Balinese Lunch
- Kecas-Kecos Drumming Session
- Bamboo Model Making
- Reciprocal Tower Model Making
- Cultural Night
- Bamboo Obstacle Challenge
- Music Instruments Making
- Mepantigan – Mud wrestling
- Recreational Time at Green School Natural Pool
- Cooking with Bamboo
- Inspirational Journey Project
- Bamboo Planting
- Sustainability Compass – Bamboo
- Laughing Yoga
- Healthy meals & homemade snacks + free-flow spring water
A minimum of 4 kids is required for the camp to run and a maximum of 40 kids can join our kids camps at a given time – this makes for a close-knit, casual, and uncrowded ambiance. If 4 weeks before the camp starts the number has not changed, we will notify you via email. Please do not make any flight arrangements before we send you the final confirmation email. Green Camp has the right to cancel the camp within two weeks notice. See our cancellation policy.
Upon confirmation, we will send you via email an Online Participant Information Form that needs to be filled out with your information details including dietary needs, allergies, medical information, and emergency contact number. Enclosed in this email, you will also find a Prep-Pack that contains useful information to get you prepared. Kindly note that confirmed and finalized itineraries will be sent to all parents one week before the start date.
Click here to see our Frequently Asked Questions